Pages

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Yum cha & the Park


Saturday March 26th

Another early morning start. Shower. Breakfast. Into the car to make our fortnightly trek to Castle Hill to watch S practice gymnastics.  C tells me that S has been practicing her cartwheels every day after school. It’s obviously paying off! S can do a cartwheel in both directions! I never mastered the art of cartwheels as a kid and I’m really proud that she has.

Even though it’s an early start, I really enjoy watching her. I’m amazed at how easy she makes things look. I try translating her moves to my body and I come up short every time. Will there ever be day that I’ll be able to hang from a bar with my knees tucked against my chest? Sigh…

Home to watch a couple of episodes of Mister Maker. Then, judging by the rumbling in our tummies, it was definitely time for another round of vegetarian yum cha. We all love it! And the best part is the food comes straight out. In my opinion, it was perfect. All of my favourite dishes came out one after the other –almost like I’d planned it. Gotta love it when that happens!

While G went off to vote in the NSW state election, S and I made play doh cupcakes with the set she got for her birthday. I’m a resident but not a citizen, so I am unable to vote. This time around, I was kinda glad. I have no idea who I would have voted for.

About 4pm, S decided she’d had enough of hanging out in the house and suggested that we go to the park.  Instead of walking, we figured it might be more fun to take her scooter.  It was! For the first time ever, she rode it all the way there! We had a blast at the park. I love playing with her. And I was secretly thrilled when she wanted to race me to the swings and it was easy. Normally, my knees start to hurt and I give up after about 10 steps. After running on the treadmill for the past few weeks, I actually felt like I could have kept going!

Bath time seemed like a good idea to wash off the adventures in the great outdoors.  We had our first bath bomb. S was totally enthralled! I think she would have had 3 more baths in a row, just to use up the other 3 bombs!

I popped the Backyardigans into the DVD player and we watched an episode while we ate dinner. Eventually, I’d like to be able to use the kitchen table for more than just storage! I tucked Little Miss into bed.

Then, it was back to the lounge to watch Alien 3 and catch up on my Blog.  I managed to fit in a 30min meditation before hopping into bed to get some much needed sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment