Pages

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day 2- Relaxing at Home


Tuesday April 12th

S slept in until 7.20am which meant I did too. I figured that we would take it easy today and just hang out at home. We had a leisurely breakfast, watched some TV, and did some colouring. Then, we made Play Doh cupcakes and biscuits for our Play Doh Café.

To break up our day a bit, we decided to get S’s scooter out for a ride and stop by our local McDonald’s for lunch. I didn’t order anything for myself – well, I tried, but the decaf machine wasn’t working. Instead, I finished the small fries that S didn’t eat.

She had a great time playing in the play centre! It’s a good way to burn off some energy. Then it was time for S to put her helmet back on and for us to scoot back home. We had plans to make a fort in the lounge room out of blankets and sheets.

The fort was smaller than the one that we made last time but there was still plenty of room to bring in some toys. S thought it might be a good time to read a few of our Tag Reader books. We brought in the Zhu Zhu pets –including Shiloh, the baby one that we adopted yesterday. They roamed around and chirped happily.

The afternoon was passing very quickly. It was definitely time to fold up the blankets and put the fold up table back in the hallway. I turned on ABC Kids TV for S and made my way to the kitchen to get dinner started. On the menu for tonight- roast lamb and roast vegetables. Once the roast was in the oven, S and I curled up on the lounge to watch Barbie in a Fairy Secret.

Ken doesn’t look anything like the Ken doll that I had when I was a child. It’s difficult for me to imagine him as a teenager –which clearly he is in the Barbie movies. I quite like watching movies with S- even if they are super girly – like Dora the Explorer or Barbie.

Bath time! S got to choose the bath bomb for tonight’s bath. She has so much fun watching them dissolve in the water and listening to them bubble and crackle like Rice Krispies when milk is poured into the bowl. Then, teeth brushing, story time and bed. 

2 comments:

  1. Rice Krispies? You're in Australia now :P

    Rice Bubbles :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some things I can adapt to - but, in this case, they will always be Rice Krispies to me! Rice Bubbles just sounds weird!

    ReplyDelete