Pages

Total Pageviews

Monday, March 28, 2011

One More Sleep


Wednesday March 23th

It’s mid-term break, which means no college this week. I’m relieved.  It’s nice not to have to rush off to St Leonards and after the stress of the past few weeks, it couldn’t have come at a better time.

Today was definitely a better day at work. The ice finally broke and the truth about what was upsetting my friend came out. Turns out it wasn’t about me at all.  Funny how I jump to that conclusion almost out of habit. I need to spend some time sorting through my old though patterns.

I didn’t exercise last night, so I was determined to get a circuit in tonight! I promised J that I would fit in 3 circuits while she was away and continue to run on the treadmill.  I’m determined to have a good report card to show her next Tuesday.

I have all the equipment that I need to do the ‘original’ circuit at home in my lounge room: bar bells, dumb bells, aerobic step, gym ball and a yoga mat. I set my iPhone up to time each circuit. I needed to treat this like a group pt session. I did 40 curl ups, 2 x plank (holding for 30 secs each) and a few other core muscle exercises to warm up. Then, I hit the timer and started in on the biceps circuit. Even without J present, I stuck to the push ups from my knees. Nearly did me in, but I did it! Finished both circuits before the 15 minute timer went off.

Then, meditation. I must have fallen asleep. Talk about relaxed. When I woke up, I was already 4 minutes into the second track on the meditation CD. That will make for an interesting journal entry!

I’m tired, but tomorrow’s meeting is weighing heavy on my mind. I want to get to bed early, but it’s after 11 before my head hits the pillow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment