Pages

Total Pageviews

Monday, March 28, 2011

Caffeine is still a 'no-go' zone...-


Thursday March 17th:

Up early for another ‘crack of dawn’ morning group PT session with J and the guys. Don’t know what it is about these Thursday morning workouts, but they are definitely the worst when it comes to being emotional! I always seem to feel like crying part of the way through.

I’d spoken to J on Tuesday about how vague, disconnected and unfocused I feel after the Thursday and Monday morning workout sessions. She couldn’t think of what it might be off the top of her head, and said she’d send an email to V to see if she could come up with something. 

I emailed V to give her a detailed a description of what I was feeling. I suggested coffee as a possible ‘cure’, citing examples of studies that showed how coffee increased secretaries ability to focus and typing speed. I can’t continue to feel this vacant after exercising or I’ll never catch up on my workload.

V sent me a very brief email back telling me to steer clear of coffee and that she would get back to me with more information. Sigh. So much for that idea. I bet coffee would really have an impact for me now after being off it for over a month.

Instead, I turned to Thai food to kick start my energy levels and help me cope with the stress of the past couple of days. Man, did it ever taste divine! I could so get used to this again. And, therein lies the rub. I need to find something that will help me cope with stress that doesn’t impact on my health or on all the hard work that I’m doing to get fit.

I’m SO exhausted and still have so much to get through. I haven’t started on the assignments that are due for this weekend’s college course. I know I should start writing one tonight, but after spending 2.5hrs reading through the handouts and the articles that the lecturer assigned, I just don’t have the energy or the inclination.

Instead, I ate dinner, did my meditation, and hit the hay at 9.30. 

No comments:

Post a Comment