Pages

Total Pageviews

Monday, March 28, 2011

Mini Spinach & Ricotta Rolls


Saturday March 19th

I’m so glad G was able to drive me this morning! The weather is lousy and there’s track work on the north line. It’s likely I would have been delayed or possibly even late for college. As it is, I got there with about 13 minutes to spare. Some of my other classmates weren’t so lucky.  It was close to 10am by the time the last stragglers made it in.

We did a bit of review on the readings and then we got into groups and talked about our first assignment. It was mostly a research project. We needed to put together a resource list of ‘Relationship’ counseling agencies in our area that we could refer our clients to if needed. Then we had to ring an agency that we’d researched to see what it would be like to be a client ringing up for the first time.

On our first break, I headed to the café with only one thought in my mind: it’s the weekend and I can have my first gluten pastry. I already had my pastry in mind- not just one, but 2 spinach and ricotta mini-rolls. DIVINE!! The first one went down like a dream. The second one was fine for the first few bites…and then I started to feel very full. I shrugged and popped the rest of the roll in my mouth. I knew I’d pay for it, but it tasted so heavenly.

By the time I made it back to class, my stomach was feeling particularly heavy and bloated. I figured it would pass by lunch time.

No such luck. I was hungry, but I didn’t feel like eating. I couldn’t face the thought of a salad and the other items that did interest me, were made with gluten. Based on how I was feeling, gluten would be a bad idea. I finally settled on some yogurt with granola (muesli for those of you in Oz). It took me AGES to eat it.

½ of the class watched a video while the other ½ did their role play assessments. Then we swapped. The assessments were a very interesting learning opportunity and all of us were pleased with the outcome. Then, it was quiz time.

I’d have to say, this test was the hardest one we’d had to take so far! It was multiple choice, but for some of the questions, it was more like ‘multiple guess’! I was very pleased that I’d spent so much time doing the readings on Thursday night. If I had left it to cram at lunch time, I would have been in trouble –especially since our group had to watch the video whilst eating lunch.

It felt good to be finished the course and even better to know that my life was back on a normal keel. I couldn’t believe that I had survived the past 5 weeks of detox, college and assignments! Tonight, I could watch TV with a clear conscious and go to bed knowing that I had no reason to be up early! Life’s Good!

G picked me up and we stopped off at the grocery store to pick up a few items for dinner: steak, potatoes and corn. I couldn’t wait!

My stomach was still a little unhappy with me, but I popped a digestive enzyme and set out to enjoy my steak dinner anyways!

Ahhhh. So nice to be relaxing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment