Pages

Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Little Dynamo's


Wednesday April 13th,
Another lazy start to the day. A healthy breakfast. Relaxing in front of the TV. Our plan for today is to make our way to Alexandria for a couple of hours of fun at Little Dynamo’s Play Centre. Just before we left, I received a call from G. Her neck wasn’t any better and she’d managed to get an appointment with our chiropractor. I told her to ring me after she was finished so that we could pick her up from the train station.

Knowing that we wouldn’t be able to spend more than a couple of hours at Little Dynamo’s, I got S ready as quickly as possible and we hopped in the car. The tricky bit was finding parking! I hadn’t expected it to be quite so busy – but I guess it is school holidays! We parked a couple of blocks away. As we made our way there, we came across some bike racks. They were the perfect height and size for S to do a forward flip over the bar!

As it turns out, the play centre wasn’t as busy as I’d thought. And, most of the children were S’s age. Both of us were very happy about that! It can be a real drag when there are older children running helter skelter. S and I found a table, kicked off our shoes and headed straight for the slides!

The last time I was here, I found it so difficult to run and squeeze through small openings meant for children. I would be puffed out after climbing the stairs to the slide. Today, I found myself chasing S through the maze and keeping up with her! I slipped through the small openings without any drama and my stamina was brilliant! At one point, S decided we should race through the climbing equipment. I was actually running-hunched over to keep from banging my head on the level above me- but running! Secretly, I was thrilled! I feel fit and flexible! Now, if only I could bottle the energy of my five year old daughter!!

I ordered mini hot dogs for lunch. I knew S wouldn’t be able to finish all the food. So we shared. I settled for a decaf soy latte and a handful of French fries.

Shortly after we finished eating, there was an announcement. The Easter Bunny’s helpers had hidden some eggs around the Centre and it was time for the kids to find them! S was ecstatic! She managed to score 5 little eggs. Too cool! Round about 12.45, my phone rang. It was G. Time to put our shoes back on and head to the train station to pick her up.

The 3 of us decided to take a walk up to Mc Donalds for an ice cream. S still had lots of energy, so she rode her scooter and we walked beside her. I shared a mini M&M McFlurry with mini S and G ordered some lunch for herself. S was keen to play in the Mc D’s play area until G was finished eating.

Then, home. I needed to get ready for college. G was staying home with S which meant that the 2 of them could spend some quality time together.

By the time I got home from college, S was sound asleep. I settled down on the lounge, drank my soy dandy and then it was definitely time for bed. Tomorrow was going to be a huge day!

No comments:

Post a Comment