Pages

Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Food for Thought


Wednesday March 30th

G and I were up late chatting last night- it must have been close to midnight when we finally turned off the light.  It felt like my head had only just hit the pillow when the alarm went off at 5.46am. I’d give anything for a real coffee.  There’s nothing like a warm hit of caffeine to scare the brain fuzzies away.  Times like this test my resolve and today I stuck to my guns.  I returned to the table with a decaf soy latte for me and a small cappuccino for G.

I had a meeting scheduled for this morning with my new manager.  He nicked named it a ‘Fireside chat’. I wasn’t sure what to expect. We spoke about the stats and info that I would need to look at to see if getting more resources for the team was justified.  We cleared up a few other issues and then it was time to talk about me.

S asked me how I was enjoying my current role. He wanted to know if I was interested in pursuing a team leader role permanently. I’m really going to need to think hard about this. I feel a little over-whelmed at the moment, but that was because I had been thrown in the deep end.  He advised me that if I was interested and committed, he would take me under his wing and do what needed to be done to insure I was given opportunities to further my career.  I came away from that meeting with lots to think about.

Off to college for another round of role plays. My intention was to hang out in the cafĂ© and catch up on my blog. I completely forgot that I was meeting my group members from the Addictions intensive weekend to organise our project.  M called me on my mobile to remind me and I packed up my stuff and hurried off to the classroom to join them.  It’s starting to come together nicely.

Tonight’s role play was really personally challenging for me – and I was just an observer. It hi-lited an area that I really need to work on and sort through. I know I’ll take what happened tonight to my next session with V.

Too tired to meditate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment