Pages

Total Pageviews

Monday, March 28, 2011

Sunday Quality Time


Sunday March 20th

Sigh…there is nothing quite like sleeping until I wake up naturally. No alarm. No annoying cat. Just my eyelids opening of their own accord. BLISS. I reach over to grab my iPhone to check the time: 10:43am. WOW! That’s like 2 weeknights of normal sleep ALL in one hit!

I wandered out to the lounge to find G watching TV with the volume turned low so it wouldn’t disturb me. The cat was curled up in my normal spot on the lounge. It was a perfect Sunday morning in the making.

We already had plans to spend the day together doing relaxing things. G headed into the bathroom for a shower and I watched an episode of My Kitchen Rules. Then I turn my turn in the bathroom. Freshly showered and well rested, I hopped into my clothes. G turned off the lights, said good bye to the cat and then we were off. Destination: Glebe for breakfast.

Both of us decided on the big breakfast: poached eggs, whole wheat toast (even though I clearly asked for white!), 1 sausage, 1 hash brown, 1 tbsp of baked beans, a slice of fried tomato and a few sautéed mushrooms. I topped it off with a mug of decaf soy latte. In retrospect, it was good that the breakfast wasn’t the size that I was expecting. Any more than what was on my plate and I would not have been feeling too flash.

We strolled leisurely back to the shopping centre just in time to buy a medium popcorn and 2 bottles of water, followed by a quick pit stop and then up the stairs to our designated theatre. My friend at work had given us 4 free tickets to the movies and today seemed like the perfect day to use 2 of them to watch The Adjustment Bureau. It was a wonderful way to spend the day together. Both of us enjoyed the movie but most of all we enjoyed each other’s company.

I knew what was waiting for me at home- the treadmill. I changed into my running gear and got started. I even discovered a new song that was perfect to run to at a speed of 8kms/hr, Brian McFadden’s new one : I Like You Just the Way You Are (Drunk at the Bar). The lyrics are a bit interesting…but the beat is perfect!

After the run, I got my meditation pillow ready and positioned myself on the floor. I called for the cat and he came and curled up in the crook of my arm. 30 mins later I was definitely relaxed.

I considered what I’d eaten for breakfast and the popcorn at the movies and thought it might be best to have a protein power shake for dinner. Then we settled in to watch a recorded episode of the Good Wife.

I filled out my meditation journal and then headed for bed. I’ve got a full week ahead of me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment