Pages

Total Pageviews

Monday, March 28, 2011

Sleep Deprived


Friday March 18th

At last! The weekend has arrived! I just need to get through today.  With no after work activities planned, we decided to catch the train into the city.  We relaxed for 30 mins in our usual café before we went off in separate directions to face our work days.

We’re short-staffed today. Only half of the team is in. It makes for a very long, stressful day. I can’t help but feel that I’m slightly alienated now that I’m an acting team leader. It feels like they aren’t talking to me the same way that they were before I took on this role.

I try to chalk up my uneasiness to lack of sleep, college stress and the craziness of the past few weeks. Hopefully the world will look different once this course finishes on Saturday and I have some time to relax and hang out with G.

As much as I’d like to kick back in front of the TV tonight, I force myself to walk into the study and get started on my assignments. G is super-sweet and supportive. She makes us dinner and then let’s me get back to my studies. It’s just past midnight by the time I print off my assignments and turn off the computer.

I’m physically and mentally exhausted, but sleep does not come easily. My mind is racing and I’m tempted to get up and read a few pages of a novel. My eyes protest and so I lay there, trying to fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment