Pages

Total Pageviews

Monday, March 28, 2011

The End of Another Week


Friday March 25th

Tired. Oh so tired.  5 days in a row of ‘being in charge’. After surviving yesterday’s meeting, I’m feeling much more relaxed. We’re not picking S up tonight, so we’re trying to get ready in time to catch the train. That means leaving earlier than normal to get a park at the train station. I’m keen to avoid paying for parking in the city. Luck is on our side and we managed to get one of the last parking spots.

S was already looking into the team’s wish list. He sent me an email confirming that we had approval for second monitors! For me, it was symbolic of the fact that he was serious about making things better for us if he could. The team was very excited!

I celebrated with Thai for lunch. I know I have to stop having it so often. It’s not great for me. I think it’s the pressure at work that is making me give in so easily. What happened to the resolve that I had in February and early March on the Detox diet? Surely, I can find a way to draw on that again. On a positive note, I managed to turn a deaf ear to the siren serenade of the soda cans in the fridge and say no to a Cadbury Crunchie Easter egg.

G picked me up after work and we walked through the park together on our way to catch the train. The plan tonight: circuit training, dinner, TV and catching up on my blog. I have the skeleton outline finished, but I really need to get written and posted!

We crawled into bed around 11pm. There was a party going on across the street and the music sounded like it was coming from my speakers. Even if we had wanted to be in bed early, it would have been impossible to sleep.  Meditation fell by the wayside too. It’s not as easy as I thought to find 30mins each day to meditate.  

No comments:

Post a Comment