Pages

Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Push up power!


Tuesday March 29th

And so begins another work week. It’s raining cats and dogs, which makes driving to work a bit stressful, but it’s definitely more comfortable than catching the train and getting drenched on our stroll through the park.  I’m looking forward to catching up with J tonight. My diet hasn’t been terrific since she’s been away. There have been a number of contributing factors- stress at work being one of them. And I’m interested in hearing her take on things.

Work was pretty full on – it has been for the past few weeks. I’m relieved when 4.30pm rolls around and I can log off.  I went to get changed only to realise that I’d left my ¾ pants at home and had packed shorts instead. It meant I had to pull my work pants on over top of them; I’m still not comfortable walking through my office building wearing workout gear!

J and I chatted for about 15 minutes. I tried to tell her everything that had been happening for me. She suggested that I write a list of all of the foods that I was craving and then, on a selected day, I could choose to eat an item from the list.  The girls at work often have Thai for lunch and a plan like this would enable me to participate. I liked the sound of it.

J also suggested that it’s possible that I was bored with what I’d been eating and maybe it was time to shake things up a bit. She started to tell me about a new 30 day diet book that she was reading. I jokingly interrupted by telling her I wasn’t up for another 3-4 week intensive eating plan! She laughed and told me it was more like a recipe and meal planner book. She offered to email me a few new things to try out.

With a few new tools in my tool bag, it was time to get sweating. Today’s goal was to get through the circuits 2.5 times. To date, I’d only ever gotten through it twice.  When J gave me the option of push ups or hamstring curls for round 3, I chose the push ups! I couldn’t believe it! And, I made J swear she wouldn’t tell the boys! All of us whinge about push ups in our morning sessions. I didn’t want it to get out that I was choosing them voluntarily!

By the end of tonight’s training session, I was well and truly rooted.  My quads were aching and I wasn’t sure if I would make it down the stairs in one piece! Somehow, I did it!  I could hardly bear the thought of wandering through the grocery store, but I knew it was necessary.

Groceries, dinner, TV- Winners & Losers episode 2. And then bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment