Pages

Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Foiled on the Bridge or shall I say 'soiled'!


Tuesday March 15th

It’s time to get up. Back to the daily grind.  Looks like Nature has given me a reason for my horrible mood on Sunday. Sigh…that’s all I need. I’m tired enough as it is without that to assist me. Oh well. Work out bag in hand, I follow G out to the car.

Nothing too dramatic happened at work today. We survived the usual phone calls and dramas. I offered my friend a lift because she lives not to far from Sacred Centre. Normally, she accepts, today she left a little earlier to make it to the post office.

35 minutes later, I was tempted to send her a text message congratulating her on her excellent decision. The drive to Sacred Centre from my work takes about 15-20 minutes. Tonight, I’d been sitting in traffic for 30 and I’d only managed to get about 7 blocks from the office. Traffic was at a standstill. Horns honked all around me. Cars were stuck in intersections. Apparently a protester dumped a load of soil & gravel on the Harbour Bridge that affected 2 out of 4 north bound lanes. If I thought it would have made any difference, I would have burst into tears out of sheer frustration. I sent J a text message telling her of my predicament. I couldn’t turn around and go home even if I wanted to.

I ended up arriving 45 minutes late. J was so lovely and understanding.  She took my measurements and then we tried to get through as much of the aerobic running portion of the warm up as we could. 80% of the Centre was filled with folding chairs for the function that started at 6.30pm. We moved into the small white work out room and kept going.

J gave me the option of shoulder presses standing up or chest presses on the bench press. It was a no-brainer. I’d been eyeing off the bench press since we first started training together! Talk about excited! It was fun and it was tougher than it looked! I could really feel the muscles in my arms and chest. So, so cool!

Another awesome workout with J! I thanked her sincerely for waiting for me. She was feeling a little under the weather too, I know there were other things she could be doing. I gave her a lift part of the way home and headed off across the Bridge –hoping for a better run than I’d had on my way over. Just my luck! A multi-vehicle accident had slowed down traffic on the lanes heading south. Fortunately, it was no where near as bad as this afternoon.

I walked in the door to the smell of an amazing chicken stir-fry! Perhaps my luck was changing!! Time for the season finale of Packed to the Rafters. Awesome! I squeezed in a few minutes of Parenthood, then headed off to the bed room to fit in my meditation.

The cat followed me in. It was a bit chilly on the floor where I was laying. I could feel a breeze coming from somewhere that made it a bit harder to relax. It did help a little to have the cat curled up in the crook of my arm.

Teeth brushing and then bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment