Pages

Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Assignments

Monday March 14th 

Up at the crack of dawn for another group PT work out with J and the boys. These 5.20am starts on my days off are killing me. Good thing I was able to sleep in on Friday or I might have had to give this one a miss. The past few weeks have been so hectic and busy, I’m ready for a day of complete relaxation. But, today isn’t that day! I sling my workout bag over my shoulder and head out into the early morning darkness.

J put us through our paces today. It’s exactly what I need. As much as I struggle with some of the exercises –especially the push-ups, there is something extremely satisfying about getting through the session. I like the feeling of accomplishment and the 3 minutes of bliss when it’s over!

Home for a shower and a protein power shake.  Thought briefly of hopping on the treadmill –but I need to remain focused for today’s activity. Perhaps I’ll brave it once I’m finished my homework. After breakfast, it’s time to get comfortable in the study and get to work on the self-reflection assignment that is due to be handed in on Wednesday. 13 questions. 1500 words. I forced myself to keep at it until I’d finished most of it. Procrastination is my middle name, after all.  Once I was satisfied with how much I’d written, I figured I’d let myself off the hook for a bit of retail therapy.

Back to Big W. It’s been months since I’ve shopped there, yet this will be my 3rd visit in the past 2 weeks! Craziness! Today I’m on a mission- new head phones that hook around my ear so that when I’m running on the treadmill, they don’t jiggle out of my ears. I might even splurge and buy a new workout shirt and possibly some work out socks.

Headphones- check. New workout shirt-check.  Even picked up a couple of movies.  There used to be a time when I wouldn’t walk out of a shop like this without popping a chocolate bar or some lollies in the basket.  Who would have thought that I would ever change this much?

I couldn’t get straight back into my assignment, so instead, I watched the 2nd part of a doco that I’d recorded last year called ‘Making Australia Happy’.  It was really interesting to watch. And, it was kind of like doing homework because it was all about Positive Psychology.

Finally, I couldn’t put it off any longer and so I headed back into the study to finish my assignment.  DONE! Printed. Even stapled my cover sheet to the finished product. Now all I have to worry about are my assessments for the 2nd part of my “Relationship Issues’ intensive this weekend.

G isn’t home yet and I’m wondering how she’s doing.  Eventually, I get the call, and I head out to pick her up from the station. We spent a bit of time talking and then I had to head into the bedroom to meditate. At the moment, I’m using a progressive relaxation CD. I think I’m going to need to build up to ‘straight’ meditation!

Feeling calm and sleepy, it’s time to hit the hay

No comments:

Post a Comment