Pages

Total Pageviews

Friday, March 25, 2011

Quote of the Day


Sunday March 13th

A bit of a sleep in today as college doesn’t start until 10am. The news is full of the disaster in Japan. It’s hard to even fathom the devastation. My heart goes out to all of those affected.

I left a bit later than I should have. Free parking on Sundays mean the parking spaces go like hotcakes! I circled twice and finally lucked out with a spot by my normal Wednesday night classroom. Still feeling full from breakfast, I headed straight up the stairs and by-passed the Café.

By morning tea, I had figured out what I would do for our assessment. We were instructed to give up something that we were attached or addicted to. When I first heard it mentioned, I was filled with dread! I’m only 2 days away from re-introducing gluten and dairy to my diet. How on earth am I going to give up something for another 4 weeks!! Food is my addiction, after all. Even contemplating another restriction felt like a punishment.

G jokingly suggested that I give up sleep! I don’t think she’s too keen for me to continue with the detox diet either. Her quip did give me an idea though. What about meditation? I can think of 1000 reasons not to meditate! I’m almost convinced that starting meditation will be up there with resisting junk food.

Happy with my selection, I started up the stairs with my soy dandy latte. I nearly burst with pride when the student behind me said: “Hey are you wearing someone else’s pants? Those one’s are so baggy on you!”

That is totally the best ‘quote of the day’!

Home to exercise. I thought I’d try a new program on the treadmill just to spice things up a bit! It contains speeds of 6, 8, and 12kms/hr. To date, I’ve only managed to run for 2 mins at 10kms/hr in my normal interval program. Dunno how I planned to handle 12kms/hr, but thought it was time to give it a try!

Holy Cow! That is fast! In the end, I managed to run at 12kms/hr for 1 minute twice during the program. To me, that is an achievement! I know that I’m capable of it and with practice, I’ll be able to manage all three 2 minute intervals at 12kms/hr! Something to strive for!

Time for a shower and then a good relax on the lounge. 

1 comment:

  1. Happy with my selection, I started up the stairs with my soy dandy latte. I nearly burst with pride when the student behind me said: “Hey are you wearing someone else’s pants? Those one’s are so baggy on you!”

    That is totally the best ‘quote of the day’!
    I love it wooohoo :)

    ReplyDelete