Pages

Total Pageviews

Friday, March 25, 2011

Gluttony Day


Thursday March 10th   Gluttony Day- breaking free

Up at the crack of dawn to head over to Sacred Centre for Group PT. Just 2 of us today- me & A. Both of us managed to make it through the first circuit in 15 minutes. I was doing the triceps side. The usual 1 minute break and then it’s time to swap sides. We only have 12 minutes on this side. I think with the extra 3 minutes, I could have made it through twice. Instead, I had 2 exercises to get through: the ice-skater & the steps with weights. All in all, a pretty good effort!

Stretches. Warm down. And then, 3 minutes of bliss. Roll up the mat and it’s time to dash off to work to have a shower and eat breakfast.

As I was packing my lunch this morning, I opened the pack of gluten free wraps, thinking I could have one of those with ham and salad. A tiny piece broke off the edge. I popped it into my mouth. Hideous!! I through the wrap in the bin and decided that I would treat myself to Thai for lunch today for the 1st time in four months.

One of the teams on my floor always has ‘Thai Thursdays’ so I waited for my friend A to arrive at work and then placed my order straight away! She told me they were picking it up at 12pm sharp and asked would that be too early for me to eat my lunch? The running joke at work is that I’m often in the kitchen eating my lunch around 3pm! I told her I was so excited about Thai for lunch I’d eat it WHENEVER! She just laughed.

When she stopped by my desk with the takeaway, she handed me my plastic container of Pad Se Ew with beef, a packet of chopsticks and a plastic fork – just in case I couldn’t eat fast enough with the chopsticks!! LOL She cracks me up!

It tasted beautiful! Conscious that I hadn’t had beef in 3 weeks, I ate very slowly and chewed my food very well. It took me 90mins to finish my lunch! It was soooo worth it!

G & I have a meeting this afternoon up at Wynyard. I dropped my bags off at the car and set up the ‘Runkeeper’ app on my iPhone. Headphones in, music pumping, I set off up George street to meet G outside the Apple store. 2.5 kms and 12 minutes later I was there! We strolled the rest of the way to Hunter street. Meeting was a great success. Then, we had to high-tail it back to Campbell St to get the car out of the lot before 6.30pm.  Thank goodness it’s mostly down hill on the way back! I was hard-pressed to keep up to G who was really motoring! But, we made it! 3kms in 18mins!! That’s impressive when you think of all of the pedestrian traffic in the city! We were ducking and weaving through the crowds. Amazing!

Finally, we’re off to Burwood for the steak dinner I’ve been fantasising about for the past 3 weeks – pretty much from the moment I started the Detox diet. I’ve had this Birthday meal planned since then: 300g rib eye steak, mashed potatoes, pepper sauce, grilled veggies and 3 prawns. Heaven.

It seemed to take G ages to decide. Every moment she delayed was a moment longer that I had to wait to taste that steak. It was agonizing! At last, we placed our order.  I admit, I was a bit envious about her milkshake but I know I need to ease into the dairy. And a milkshake on top of my already amazing meal would make me feel awful. I stuck to water and my decaf soy latte.

After much discussion, we decided to share a piece of lemon meringue pie. Unfortunately, it looked much better than it tasted. I ate about a ¼ of it and then put my fork down. Even G didn’t finish it off.

By the time we got home, I decided a digestive enzyme would assist with the very, very full feeling in my tummy. G was in the same situation. Both of us ended up sitting up for a bit to wait for the feeling to pass.

Bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment