Pages

Total Pageviews

Friday, March 25, 2011

Day NONE! It's Over!


Wednesday March 9th  It’s OVER!

I woke up feeling relieved!! It’s OVER!! The detox is done….well mostly. I still have to wait until early next week to introduce gluten and dairy.  But, the other restrictions have been LIFTED!!  Woo hoo!

I was excited to pack my lunch today! First thing in my bag was my Jalna vanilla flavoured yogurt for breakfast; a salad with tomatoes & cucumber, Brazil nuts, 3 slices of ham to go with my salad, some sunflower seeds, and the mandatory carrot.

Had coffee by myself this morning. Got to work a bit early and then we all trudged up to the Wesley Centre to watch our Managing Director’s ‘Roadshow’. The company always provides breakfast at these functions. I helped myself to a bacon & egg roll. It was a bit tricky to eat without eating the bun, but I managed!

Back at the office, I opened up my Jalna yogurt, measured out my Carman’s muesli and scooped the yogurt into my bowl. When I licked off the spoon, all I could taste was bitter disappointment. The yogurt that I had been coveting for the past 3 weeks suddenly tasted very sweet and had a weird after-tasted. I was gutted. I sent a msg to J. Of course, true to form, she found a positive in my sad tale.

Lunch was not disappointing. Then, off to college! I arrived a bit early so decided to grab something to eat. I’m desperate for a filo pastry. A spinach & ricotta roll. A curry pie. Ratatouille. But all of them either have gluten, dairy or BOTH! I finally settled on a warm veggie and tofu salad which was surprisingly tasty.

Tonight we’re discussing how we’re going to handle our second role play. Should we keep the same pairs and treat it like a second session? Or should we be ourselves? Or should we mix things up a bit? We went with the last option! I can’t wait! I’m thoroughly enjoying these role plays! I’m learning so much.

Rushed home to prepare for Fringe…but the season is over. Not happy Jan. Oh well.  Some TV and then bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment