Pages

Total Pageviews

Friday, March 25, 2011

Happy Birthday, Goal deadline & Day 21 of Detox


Tuesday March 8th  Happy Birthday, Goal deadline & Day 21 of Detox

Well, it’s my birthday! I woke up today…and lo and behold, even though I didn’t reach my goal, the world is still turning! And better yet, Facebook is full of wonderful birthday wishes from friends and family both here in Australia and back in Canada.  I love that about Facebook. Instant communication that’s easy to access! I also hate that about Facebook, but today it’s working in my favour! And, better yet, at midnight tonight, the DETOX is officially OVER!! It’s not a moment too soon.

We went for coffee in the city as usual. Then off to face the workday. My friends and colleagues wished me a Happy Birthday and we settled in to our normal routine.

People probably think this is strange, but I’m still going for my personal training session with J tonight. Yes it my birthday –and, I’m determined to see this thing through. I want to be slender and healthy. I want to be able to shop at ‘regular’ stores. I want to be able to run around and play with S. To do those things, I have to keep on top of the exercise and manage my diet. So, quality time with J it is.

For the first few minutes, we talked about the foods that I would be re-introducing to my diet. Back in: red meat, fruit, mushrooms, sauces, etc. Things that need to wait a little longer- the big 2. J suggested that I wait until Monday to add gluten or dairy to give my body time to adjust to the other foods again. Plus, I need to stagger their introduction. I’ve been craving cheese for ages now, so I’ve decided that dairy comes first!

Then it’s time to break into a sweat! And, sweat I did! This new circuit has more cardio components than the others. I only made it twice through. And I’m exhausted at the end of it! J comments that she’s never seen me drink so much water during a workout.
20 squats
20 push ups
20 hamstring curls
10 zig zag runs thru the pylons with 5 x star jumps (jumping jacks) at each end
20 triceps dips
10 x box & shuffle

G has a bath waiting for me at home- complete with bath salts to soothe my aching muscles. It’s a lovely birthday surprise. Then, it’s “Packed to the Rafters”,  dinner and bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment