Pages

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 17 & 18

Saturday March 5th  Day 18
Up and off without a hitch! We’re even a few minutes early. S jumps in and gives it her all for the next hour. I love watching her. It looks like she’s having such a good time. I can’t get over how fit all of the kids are. Amazing!

Then, it’s home for a bit of a relax before we head out to Newtown for my birthday Yum cha lunch. At the last minute, we decided to invite our friend K. She had a clear spot on her schedule so she popped down to join us. I thoroughly enjoyed eating yum cha. I’d already cleared it with J. She simply suggested that I steer clear of the bbq buns and other items that might contain gluten or wheat.

4 doors down is a lovely gelato shop. I was totally tempted to eat a waffle or a pancake deluxe dessert, but I behaved myself and stuck to fruit sorbet.  The only downer to the day, was the parking ticket waiting for us on the windshield. 20mins passed the expiry of our ticket…and we get done. So not fair.

Home to relax and watch Barbie in A Fashion Fairytale.

All of us are exhausted.  We put S to bed and about an hour later, I followed.  Best to be well-rested for the tomorrow’s activities.


Friday March 4th Day 17

Alarm-off. Reached for the thermometer. J asked me to take my temp first thing the morning to see if we could rule out thyroid involvement. Unfortunately, the digital thermometer that I have turns itself off after recording my temp. We need one that can measure my basal metabolic temp over a period of 10mins. Sigh…oh well.  I’ll have to flick J a text to let her know.

Dressed. Showered and off to the city for another decaf soy latte with G. The only good thing about today is it’s my day off the phones at work. In theory, this is supposed to help me catch up on stuff. Theory and reality are 2 very different things!

Been thinking. Still not over the kilo that I’ve gained this week. Maybe it’s those crazy protein shakes that are making the difference. I sent J a msg to that effect--telling her that I’m still so stressed that my birthday and weight loss deadline is looming so close and I seem to be going backwards no matter how hard I try.

J was really sweet and really supportive. She re-iterated that protein builds lean muscle and lean muscle is necessary for weight loss. I could get it from other foods in my diet, but I needed to be sure that I ate protein with every meal. She also suggested that I cut down on some of my carbs-maybe have a carb-free meal at least once a day. Then she told me to chin up and think less about my original goal and more about giving myself credit for how far I’ve gotten and how well I’ve done at getting healthy. And then, she finished with, ‘I’m proud of you’.

J’s the best! I’m so thankful to have her on my ‘team’.

Off to Silverwater road to rendez-vous with C & S. I’m looking forward to seeing her tonight. Friday nights are now a special occasion instead of the norm. We won’t have much time together cuz we’ll have to get up early to make it to gymnastics. But, I still get to tuck her in and read her a story! That is fantastic and precious.

She wasn’t too chatty in the car tonight. Much more interested in playing games on my iPhone whilst I make my way through peak hour traffic. Baked beans for S and eggs for me. Then teeth-brushing, story time and good-night cuddles.

Early to bed for me and G. 6 am comes way too soon these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment