Pages

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tweaking the Warm Up


Tuesday April 19th

Well, our staffing numbers have increased by 1! Technically we’re operating at 50%. The four of us didn’t get much of our own work done but at least the phones aren’t ringing off the hook.

Well, tonight is pay back time for all of that licorice from the Easter Show. I’ve got my workout bag packed and by 4.35pm I’m logged out and on my way to the car park. I know my diet hasn’t been the best for the past week. I’m hoping I can get back on track again with a little help from J.

We went over my food diary and discussed some goals for the week. Some of my original ‘bad habits’ are back. I’m not drinking enough water and I’ve been staying up well past 10.00pm. As for lunch- well, I’m not eating breakfast until 11am and lunch, if I’m lucky, gets squeezed in around 3.30pm. Not exactly the best way to kick start my metabolism!

Just for some variety, J adds a new dimension to one of my warm up exercises. I have to engage my core muscles and keep an ‘even’ pressure under the small of my back as I raise a Swiss ball between my knees. Then, I have to grab the ball and raise it back over my head whilst lowering my legs parallel to the floor (without touching). Then I draw my knees back up and place the ball between them and lower it almost to the floor. All of that is considered 1 exercise! J has me do 2 sets of 5!

She has also decided that I am ready to increase the plank from 3 sets of 30 seconds, to 2 sets of 45 seconds. OMG! This warm up is brutal!!

I made it through the circuit 2.5 times. I don’t know why, but this circuit seems longer than the ones that we used to do. There’s a lot more cardio (running, star jumps, box ‘n’ shuffle) and my arms are always wasted at the end due to the triceps dips, push ups and other weights.

Home to watch Winners & Losers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment