Pages

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tricky Client


Wednesday April 20th

Hooray! It’s Ground Hog day! Still only 3 people in again. Talk about short-staffed. When will it end? It’s hard enough to get to my own work when everyone is in! When we’re this short, there’s no hope. Sigh…I wish there was something I could do about it. Instead, we just have to hang in there and do the best job we can. If we can last until next week, 2 people will be back from leave and hopefully we’ll be able to get more of our own reviews done.

No time for lunch. I’m in meetings with J for most of the afternoon. He’s a really lovely guy and he’s been so supportive of me in this role. I really enjoy talking to him. He has a very interesting perspective on our workplace, and specifically on the managers that I’m working closely with. It’s really making a difference to how I’m feeling about taking over this role.

No time to dillydally. I’ve got to come up with a ‘client’ synopsis for tonight’s role play at college. It’s been a while since I’ve had to ‘be’ the client and I really want to bring up some tough stuff. I reckon it has to be easier to come up against this as a student with people around to support us, than coming up against it in private practise. The topic I’ve settled on is sexual abuse.

I printed off 7 copies of my little synopsis and dashed out to the car. Want to make sure I have enough time to eat some dinner before I have to ‘perform’.  I can’t resist the chocolate pecan torte. It is absolutely amazing!!

The session is pretty intense. I even managed to cry which made the scenario very authentic. So much so, that one of the students who was watching, jumped up and handed me some tissues.

It led to an excellent discussion at the end. My counsellor handled the scenario very well. The only thing that needed a bit more finesse was the ‘referral’ at the end of the session.

I’m exhausted. Home for tea, a relax and then bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment