Pages

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Extra Good Friday


Friday April 22nd Good Friday

We have an extra special Good Friday brunch engagement today. I want to make sure that I fit in a workout- especially since we didn’t have group physical training yesterday morning. I figured if I got up at 8am, it would give me enough time. 
G puts the kettle on, but I turn down a morning soy dandy for Monavie and a scoop of L-Carnitine. 20 minutes later, I’m in my workout gear. Time to hit the treadmill. A quick turn of the iPod dial. Select ‘treadmill interval’ playlist. Press play. Good to go!

32 minutes later, I’m definitely warmed up enough to start on my circuits. Twice through each circuit. Skipped the core muscle exercises. Still feeling a bit sore from Tuesday’s session. Surely the circuits and the treadmill will be enough?

Then it’s time to cool down and relax. I made myself a protein shake and settled in on the lounge to watch old re-runs of The Love Boat while G has her shower. After she’s finished in the bathroom, I head in to get ready. The hot shower feels fantastic on my sore muscles.

We had an absolutely marvellous time with our friends today. The food was fantastic and the company was amazing! Time always flies when we’re all together and it was almost 8pm before we made our way out to the car. What an indulgence. It was a brilliant way to spend Good Friday.

Home to relax in front of the TV. Then bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment