Pages

Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Easter Bunny Makes a Special Trip


Sunday April 17th  Our Easter Morning

7.24am. The pitter patter of little feet parts the fog of my dreams and I open my eyes to find myself staring at the tousled hair of my 5yr old daughter. She climbs into bed beside me. I nestled her into the crook of my arm and gave her a kiss.

“Guess what today is?” I ask.

“What?”

“It’s our Easter!!” I said excitedly. “Come on, let’s go see if the Easter Bunny has left anything for you!”

We hopped out of bed and dashed down the hall to the kitchen. Sure enough, sitting on her Disney Princess place mat was a nest of little eggs, a Kinder Surprise Rabbit and a pink box with a Barbie egg and a Barbie stationary set: eraser shaped like lipstick, a pencil sharpener and a Barbie stamp- with pink ink, of course! S was beside herself!

G turned on the oven to warm up our Hot Crossed Buns.  Easter has definitely arrived at our house.

TV. Craft. Computer games. Lunch. More computer games.

Then it was time to curl up on the lounge to watch a Barbie movie of her choice. I was expecting the 3 Musketeers, or Barbie in a Mermaid Tale, but she settled on Thumbelina.

Since I’ve been ‘off the wagon’ for at least the last 4 days, I have this huge hole in my gut that I’m desperate to fill with food. The 100’s and 1000’s cookies, the packet of JJ’s, 3 jelly lollies, and even a bit of the Kinder Surprise Bunny do not seem to be doing the trick. I know I’ll pay the price for this week’s slackness come Tuesday. I just wish I knew why I feel this way. It's really frustrating that all the junk food that I'm eating isn't filling up the hole. Maybe V can help me shed some light on this conundrum at tomorrow's session.

We managed to fit a few more activities before C arrived to take S home. I gave S the biggest cuddle and waved to them as they walked out the back gate. I wonder when the good-byes will get easier...

To clear my head and catch my breath, I headed to the computer room to lose myself in a strategy game. 45 minutes later, I emerged feeling slightly more centred. G had spent that time making us pizzas and this time we had real cheese! I could hardly get through my pizza. It was so rich and so filling. For dessert, I got stuck into the licorice that I bought at the Easter Show. The sooner it’s out of the house, the better off I’m going to be.

In some ways, I’m going to be so happy to be back eating healthy food and exercising this week. I know it’s going to be tough. And I’m totally expecting J to kick my butt on Tuesday. Good thing- cuz I definitely need it!

It’s hard for me to fathom that this hideous sugar rush that I’m feeling right now is something that used to be so normal. I wouldn’t have thought twice about eating these foods before. Now, I know how bad it makes me feel and yet, here I am, stuffing piece after piece into my mouth. I think someone needs to save me from myself. I haven’t just fallen off the wagon- I’ve slid under the wheels! 

No comments:

Post a Comment