Pages

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day 1


Monday April 11th   Day 1 of our week together
No work out this morning, so I was able to sleep in. I got up around 8.30am, made myself some breakfast and sat at the kitchen table to read my book. If it had been a little warmer outside, it would have been a perfect morning. I love lazy mornings like this-especially when I have a good book to keep me company.

Just before 11am, I pulled away from the curb to begin the 45 min journey to Castle Hill to pick S up. Sleep in, lazy breakfast, drive to castle hill to pick up S. Today is day 1 of our week together and I can’t wait!

I pulled into a parking space and as I closed the car door, I heard a little voice. I turned to look to my left and there she was! I started walking towards her quickly with my arms open and she opened her arms wide and started running towards me. I picked her up and swung her around. Having her in my arms is the best feeling!

S had some very exciting news for me! She’d lost a tooth last night and the TOOTH FAIRY had come to visit!! She was absolutely thrilled! And, man, I remember getting a quarter from the tooth fairy. She scored $2.50! Inflation is a killer!

Time to head home for lunch.  We said good-bye to C and to S’s baby brother and sister. The traffic wasn’t too bad. S played on my phone for most of the journey.

S was keen to have 2 minute noodles for lunch. Her plan for the afternoon was to go down to the shops to spend her Tooth Fairy money. I suggested that we raid her red piggy bank to beef up the pot a bit. There isn’t much that can be purchased at the shop for $2.50 these days.

We had a great time checking out possible purchases at the dollar store and then we made our way to K-Mart. S finally decided on a Baby Zhu Zhu pet and a Zhu Zhu pram. I picked up the new Barbie movie and bought her some comfy sweat pants.

Happy with our choices, we decided to head for home.  We played with her new toys and then it was time for me to get dinner ready. S loves Yum Cha, so I thought it might be nice to make some rice paper rolls for dinner. I cooked up the chicken mince and cut up the veggies. I even managed to pick up some fresh mint and fresh coriander. I popped the rice maker into the microwave and voila- the only thing left to do was to soak the rice paper and fill it with the goodies. Brilliant! And they were a huge hit! S loved them!

Bath, story time & then bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment