Pages

Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Yum Cha & Hop


Saturday April 16th,

Little Miss stumbled in around 7.15, hugging her teddy bear tightly. I flung back the covers and she climbed into bed for a morning snuggle. There’s nothing better!

She did catch me off guard when she innocently asked, “Mumma Jay, do you believe in God?”

I cracked open an eye, kissed her on the temple and replied, “Yes I do. Do you?”

Very matter of factly, she said, “No.”

“Why not?” I asked. “Is is because you can’t see God?”

“Yes.”

But, that was about as deep as she wanted to get. I think this is a conversation that we will need to come back to down the track. Another quick cuddle and then it was slipper time! We bought some new slippers yesterday and they’re super fuzzy. She loves them!

Breakfast. Some ABC Kids TV and then a surprise phone call from my Dad. He’s been trying for weeks to get in touch with me- and it hasn’t been easy. S and I chatted to him for about an hour. It was lovely to catch up with him. It’s a cold and rainy day here in Sydney, but it’s nothing like the April snow that they’re having in Edmonton!

We have time for a few rounds of Plants VS Zombies on the computer before we have to jump in the car and head to Newtown for our Saturday Yum Cha lunch. For the first time in ages, we managed to score a parking spot right out the front! Couldn’t have picked a better day- it was pouring rain. As for lunch, it was perfect! All of my favourite dishes arrived on schedule. We love Yum Cha!

The traffic on Parramatta road was not ideal and we just made it to Burwood in time for our movie: Hop. It had some great lines and S loved it! Then, we headed home to make clay pencil bugs from one of our Mister Maker episodes. They should be dry by tomorrow which means we can paint them.  Tomato soup and chicken chipolatas for dinner. An episode of Dora the Explorer and it’s time for bed.

A perfect family Saturday. I can’t believe there is only one day left of my week with S. Time goes so quickly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment