Pages

Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Feedback


Wednesday April 6th

Ok- 60 push ups yesterday and I’m still feeling it this morning. It’s a nice feeling though. I can see definition in my arms and I really like it. Plus, I don’t need them for walking and sitting- unlike my quad muscles.

Now that my leave and my replacement for next week have been sorted, it was just a typical day at work. Good thing, too. I’ve got a lot on my mind. Tonight is my second role play for the term and after last week’s ‘faux’ vomiting client, I’m anxious about what awaits me.

I rushed to college after work. I wanted to be sure that I got a parking spot and still had time for a quick bite to eat before heading down to the classroom. So far so good. Thought it might be a good idea to read up on the handouts that we were given last week. 5.25pm. Have to head down to the classroom to go over our presentation that’s due this weekend. It’s stressful to have 2 things on the go tonight.

We went over a few things, talked about the handouts that we were preparing for our classmates and then at 5.45pm I dashed out of the classroom and back up to the main building. I knocked on the door of the faculty lounge. J was expecting me and handed me the video camera and the tri-pod. I thanked her and made my way back to the classroom to get everything set up.

Half-way through the session, I was wishing that my client had done something as easy as fake vomiting. At least I was semi-prepared for that! Instead, I found myself trying to manage a very challenging situation whilst still trying to maintain a state of complete ‘unconditional positive regard’.

Those 40 minutes seemed to go on for ages. Finally, we got the signal that we were nearing the end of our time together. I wrapped things up as best I could and then filled out my ‘mindfulness’ sheet. Now all that remains is to steel myself for the feedback.

I was so not prepared for the feedback that I received. Everyone was so positive. The more they said wonderful things about our session, the harder it was for me to sit there and listen. I’m relieved that the tape lasts for 60 minutes and that most of this feedback will be recorded. Right now, it’s so difficult to absorb and take on board.

No comments:

Post a Comment