Pages

Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 28, 2010

The weekend

Sunday Nov 28

Bit of a rough night last night. It's like these tears come from a bottomless well. I wish I knew how to stop the flow. S came in at 6.13am. I was so exhausted I handed her my iPhone and she played some dress up games for 30mins before I could finally drag myself out of bed.

We had breakfast and watched a couple of episodes of Mister Maker. Then it was time to get out our own craft box and have a go! A toilet roll spider with pipe cleaner legs and a sponge & popsicle stick ice cream cone later, it was back to watching TV.

It had been a while since S & I had been to the movies. I remembered getting an email about a 3D premiere of MegaMind. I showed S the trailer and we decided that with the dark clouds building up outside the window, a little quality time in the theatre would be just the thing!

We had lunch at the food court first. S wanted vegetarian rice noodles and a spring roll. We shared the noodles and each had a spring roll. I settled for bottled water (which tasted funny after 5 weeks of drinking PiMag water from my groovy home water filter!!) and S had some apple juice. For a treat, we each had a Chuppa Chup in the theatre. I knew I had a workout ahead of me, but it was lovely to spend a few hours in the theatre giggling with S.

After dropping off S, I set up the lounge room and put on my workout gear. I asked G if she was up for some exercise; she declined. 55 minutes later, I collapsed on the floor, tired, hot and in need of a bath. Which, as it turns out, was exactly what the doctor ordered. I filled up the tub, sprinkled a healthy dose of Raddox and grabbed Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows from the bookshelf. 50 mins later, I emerged, relaxed.

Can't believe the weekend is over already.



Saturday Nov 27

Got to bed late...and S woke me up at 6.43am. I sooo don't have the energy or inclination to exercise this morning. I just want to cuddle with her on the lounge and watch ABC2 Kids TV. Nothing like cartoons to set the tone for a Saturday morning! After breakfast, we decide that today would be the perfect day to put up the Christmas tree and decorate the lounge room. To be fair, it's before the 1st of December, but I know that we won't get a chance to see S again until December 11th and I want to have the tree up for more than just a couple of weeks.

Off to Kmart for some Xmas decorations then home to turn the lounge room into a Winter Wonderland! Kids at Christmas are the best things EVER! I even managed to hang candy canes and chocolate Santa's without being tempted. Maybe a couple of licks of S's lime sorbet cone was enough to see me through.

No comments:

Post a Comment