Pages

Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Big Bite

 Friday April 1st


Happy April Fools Day!!


We caught the train into work and had coffee in our usual cafe.


I didn't have any meetings booked for today at work-which was a relief. My phone rang as soon as I sat down at my desk- I hadn't even logged into my systems yet. It was S. He had another project for me to organise. I figured my stress-free day was too good to last. 


I gathered as much information as I could and then I sent an email to our telecommunications guy. Hopefully he would be able to provide the data that S was looking for. 


We were down 3 people today. Surprisingly enough the phones weren't too busy. I'd packed a lunch today and would have been happy enough to eat it, if M hadn't come down with a menu from a sandwich shop called Big Bite. She convinced me that they were the best sandwiches that she'd ever eaten! I checked with my other friend A, who confirmed that she'd had a sandwich from there and it was yummy.


So, I folded under the pressure. I love roast beef and I would choose it over tuna ANY DAY! Add thick white Viennese bread and it was no contest. M placed the order and then headed up around 12pm to pick up our sandwiches. 


It's called Big Bite for a reason! At first I wasn't sure why A & K were opting to share one, but when it was too big to fit on my plate, I figured it out. It looked amazing!! Lettuce, seeded mustard, grilled capsicum, tomatoes, sprouts. There were 2 things that put me off a little: the home-made mayonnaise and the oil that was drizzled over the meat. It has been a while since I've eaten mayonnaise and I wasn't sure how it would sit with my stomach. I knew the oil would definitely wreck havoc.


The first half went down nice and easy. It was divine. By the time I started in on the second half, I wasn't sure if I could finish it all. I finally had to take a napkin and wipe off the mayo, but I managed to get it all down. I knew I wouldn't be eating much for dinner tonight!!


I was still full when I arrived home after work. Too full to exercise. I didn't want to, but I put off exercising tonight. I know I've got the rest of the weekend to fit in a circuit-and I know I need to. Missing out on the Thursday session with J and the boys was not a free ticket to loaf around. 


It was wonderful to spend a relaxing night with G. I spent some time catching up on my 'meditation journal'. Between my journal and my blog, I've been spending an awful lot of time writing.



No comments:

Post a Comment