Pages

Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Gingerbread House

Sunday Dec 12th

I ducked out to pick up a few groceries. It's amazing to me how quickly we consume healthy food. I can't seem to keep the fridge stocked! And while I was out, I picked up a package of lollies (my weakness) to use to decorate our gingerbread house. It's a Christmas tradition.

When I got home, we celebrated G's birthday with a card that sings 'Supercalifragilisticexpealodocious' (she's a big fan of Julie Andrews and the card was a hit!) and a couple of pressies. Then it was definitely time to get down to the business of making and decorating our gingerbread house.

I mixed up the icing sugar and we set up the pieces of gingerbread on our white serving platter. We stuck the pieces together with toothpicks until the icing sugar hardened. Very cool! S was brilliant at putting the lollies on the house! G took photos and we compared it to last years masterpiece.

I escaped with a couple of licks of icing sugar mixture and only 2 lollies found their way out of the package and into my tummy. Pretty impressive! Normally, I'd be able to consume a whole bag without faltering. Maybe I'm finally starting to get the hang of this whole 'moderation' thing! Or maybe my body remembers what it's like after a workout. Either way, 2 lollies vs a whole package is fine by me!

And now to get ready for a new week!

No comments:

Post a Comment