Pages

Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 14, 2010

My Weekend off

Been a few days since I've touched base. Thursday was a really hard day for me. Thank god I've got an awesome support team, otherwise, I think it could have ended badly: a bottle of coke, a chocolate bar and perhaps some pizza shapes. With their help and my perseverance, disaster was averted. It did take it's toll, however.

Friday I was consumed by anxiety; it was the day of my first personal training session with V.  Dunno why I was so worried. True to form, she picked up on my emotional state and spent some time helping me work through what I was feeling. Then she showed me some new exercises to take the strain off my right knee. Don't make the assumption that they're easy-cuz they're not! But, at least they don't hurt as much!

Saturday was my 'day off'- diet-wise! G went for a run and I did my bicep circuit. Then, we met a close friend for brunch and I allowed myself the luxury of 2 pieces of thick cut white toast (no butter). WOW! The day of treating myself continued. We went out to celebrate another friends birthday. Although I'm not much of a drinker, I had 1 glass of sparkling white wine and 1 glass of vodka with lemon, lime & bitters. When I mentioned to V that I might be going out and that it was possible that I might have a drink or 2, she told me increase my protein intake on Sunday, work out and avoid carbs like breads, starches, rice, etc and increase my intake of veggies. Sounded easy enough.  I watched what I ate at dinner, had my 2 drinks over the course of 6hrs and enjoyed a guilt-free night on the town! Fabulous!

This journey really is about learning how to do things in moderation. I like that. It takes the pressure off.

No comments:

Post a Comment